Announcing the Boroughs of Bedfordview
15KM & 5KM
24, 25 & 26 September
Bedfordview Country Club / Virgin Active
Brought to you by Bedfordview Athletics Club and powered by Afrihost.
Run on ANY of the THREE Days – Timing mats will be placed for the start between 6:30am and 8am. Start at any time between then and finish mats will be placed until 10:30. These are for timed results but you can run outside of these times and simply submit results manually. Come make a day of it with your club.
We know you are all missing the “real thing” and want to experience that high and excitement of lining up for your favourite race again. Until then we hope to tempt you to set yourself a target post the winter hibernation. Have some spring fun and come run through the “Boroughs” of Bedfordview! As 10kays is too easy we thought an undulating 15km route through Bedfordview combined with a super cool Tee would inspire you to hit the road.
With our sponsor Afrihost, the first 1000 online entries to the 15km will receive a T-Shirt as part of their entry. We will also be timing the event, to give you that actual race feeling. We will be set up on all three days between 6h30 and 8h00 to allow for a rolling mat start and will allow for a 2.5hr cut-off for our finish mat, just in case you did not train as hard as you should have!
The route will start & finish at the Bedfordview Country Club Grounds in Bedfordview and you can run on either one of the days being 24, 25 & 26th September 2021. If you really don’t want to come see us, no problem as you are welcome to complete your own 15km or 5km and submit your times through the link that will be supplied. However PLEASE NOTE the free Tee for the 15km Tee must collected from the start/finish on the days noted above. If you choose to run your own route this must be done on the same dates and within COVID curfew times as stipulated.
The club will also host a 5km in support of our community and the net proceeds from this event will be donated to “Better Bedfordview”.
R15KM is R115
Includes t-shirt and goodie bag
R5KM is R60
Includes goodie bag (no shirt)
WIN incredible prizes with Boroughs of Bedfordview powered by Afrihost.
Pre-Race Giveaway: 5x JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speakers up for grabs. Pre-race competition entries valid from 11 August – 17 September 2021. Simply enter & then post a creative photo on Facebook of your running shoes to show your excitement for the upcoming race. Make sure to include @afrihost @bedfordviewathletics #bedfordboroughs
Race Weekend Giveaway: 15x JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth speakers, 9x JBL LIVE 650 Bluetooth headphones, 1x JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker and 10x R500 Afrihost Credit up for grabs. Race Weekend competition entries valid from 24-26 September 2021. Simply post a creative photo on Facebook of you wearing your Boroughs of Bedfordview/Afrihost shirt or socks before/after/during the race. Make sure to include @afrihost @bedfordviewathletics #bedfordboroughs
Hosted at Bedfordview Athletics
101 Van Buuren Avenue, Bedfordview. At Virgin Active/Bedfordview Country Club.
View the 15km and 5km Routes Below
BCC VIRTUAL RACE 2021 RACE RULES & WAIVER
- Participants must comply with all local laws under the COVID-19 restrictions in their province and/or country.
- When running is small groups please wear your mask/buff at the start & finish of your run.
- Strict COVID-19 rules apply when running in groups.
- Limit all physical contact and keep your distance.
- Participants are required to determine their own route or if they have selected to run the official route must ensure they understand the route and cover the correct distance.
- The start will be a rolling start from 06h30 until 08h00 each race day and entrants will be batched to ensure there is no crowding or excessive numbers at the start.
- Entry for the BCC Virtual event is binding and no entries are refundable.
- All entrants participate at their own risk and will not hold ASA, CGA or the event organisers, any partners or sponsors responsible for any loss or injury of any nature.
- Licensed athletes are only covered by ASA insurance if the event is on the CGA virtual run calendar and approved by CGA.
- Results will not be considered for selection criteria.
- All entrants participate at their own risk and will not hold ASA, CGA or the event organisers any partners or sponsors responsible for any loss or injury of any nature.
Waiver, Indemnity and Consent
- By entering the BCC event , I undertake to be bound by the rules and regulations stated above.
- I warrant that I am in good health, physically fit and have sufficiently trained to participate in this event.
- I agree to comply with the rules, conditions and regulations for this event, which include the payment of the entry fee & any related transaction fees.
- I release and discharge the event from any loss or damage, however caused, arising from my participation in the event, including pre-race & post-race activities.
- I also grant my permission to use my name, race information and any photographs, video tapes, broadcast and/or telecast footage in which I may appear, for whatever use, at no charge.
- I acknowledge that my entry will be rejected if any fields on this entry form/portal are not fully completed.
Using an illegitimate email and/or contact number and/or ID Number (if required) could result in you losing your entry and forfeiting your payment.
These credentials are used in disputes and/or claims to ensure your identity and by providing incorrect details, we will not be able to verify your identity.